Frequently Asked Questions

KIPP LA seeks qualified, passionate individuals to educate our students and provide support services to our schools. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, as well as professional development opportunities through the nationwide KIPP network.


Have questions? View our Frequently Asked Questions below.

Do I need a CA credential to be a teacher at KIPP LA?

While we do prefer candidates who have a CA credential, we are able to support our non-credentialed teachers in obtaining a short-term permit. This will require

  • a passing score on the CBEST Exam or satisfying the basic skills requirement
  • a copy of official undergraduate transcripts


The permit will allow you to teach for one school year and then you will need to enroll in a CA credentialing program by the start of the following school year. KIPP LA covers all costs associated with the permit application including your CBEST Exam fee.

I currently teach outside of California. What type of licensure requirement must I meet to teach at KIPP LA?

If you have a professional level teaching credential from another state, we will support you in obtaining a CA credential. KIPP LA covers the cost of transferring your professional out-of-state credential including obtaining English Learner authorization.

If your out of state license is non-professional (i.e alternative, provisional, emergency), you will need to upgrade your license or earn a new CA credential. Please refer to the CTC website for more specific information.

Do you have an induction program for new teachers? Do teachers have the opportunity to clear their teaching credential?

Yes! We have a partnership with The Center for Teacher Innovation. Our induction program is free, one year, and completely virtual.

What types of professional development does KIPP LA Schools offer?

KIPP LA teachers receive 28 days of professional development & ongoing training and coaching by school leadership staff. They also participate in regional professional development sessions as well as national opportunities throughout the year.

Does KIPP LA offer relocation assistance?

We offer relocation support on a case by case basis.

What does your application process look like?

Our application process includes three stages: application, phone interview, and in-person interview. We work to ensure our process is efficient and engaging. On average, our candidates spend 30 days or less in our application process.

What documents will I need during the application process?

You will need to submit your resume in your online application. If advanced to the on-site interview, you will be asked to provide proof of credential and official college transcripts (including ALL undergraduate degrees, graduate programs, credentialing programs, etc.).

Kipp LA Schools

what you need to know

Apply Now

view open positions